Operation Round Up® is a voluntary program where members of Berkeley Electric Cooperative combine their money to help fund worthy projects and help those in need in our service area. Operation Round Up is administered by Berkeley Electric Trust, a board of directors made up of community leaders from our service territory who serve on a voluntary basis.
Under the educational section of the Trust, it is the Trust Board’s aim to provide scholarships for children of members/guardians of Berkeley Electric Cooperative. Children of Berkeley Electric Cooperative’s Board and employees, including the Trust’s Board, are NOT eligible for the scholarships.
A $2,500 scholarship will be presented to a graduating senior at each of the high schools served by Berkeley Electric Cooperative. Three (3) $2,500 at-large scholarships will be for members' children who are seniors attending neighboring (non-BEC) high schools or home-schooled seniors. The Trust Board Scholarship Committee will conduct the approval process and award the scholarships based on the guidelines specified in the scholarship application which are grade and income-based. The number of scholarships and dollar amounts is subject to change based on Trust funds availability each year.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, a total family annual income under $75,000, must be a graduating senior, and plan to attend an accredited college or technical/trade school.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or technical/trade school for the full award amount ($2,500) and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Berkeley Electric Trust the invoice for tuition and fees, student ID number, and college information.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their guidance counselor along with their application attesting that they are qualified for this scholarship program.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications for 2023 will be accepted from January 9 - March 31. Scholarships will be awarded in May.
The applications will be reviewed and recipients will be selected by a committee consisting of Berkeley Electric Cooperative employees and Berkeley Electric trustees. For more information contact the program administrator.