Operation Round Up® is a voluntary program where members of Berkeley Electric Cooperative combine their money to help fund worthy projects and help those in need in our service area. Operation Round Up is administered by Berkeley Electric Trust, a board of directors made up of community leaders from our service territory who serve on a voluntary basis.
Under the educational section of the Trust, it is the Trust Board’s aim to provide scholarships for children of members/guardians of Berkeley Electric Cooperative. Children of Berkeley Electric Cooperative’s Board and employees, including the Trust’s Board, are NOT eligible for the scholarships.
Apply Here! (see this year's recipients below)
The Trust Board will fund ten $2,500 scholarships to be presented to a graduating senior in Berkeley Electric Cooperative's service territory. The Trust Board Scholarship Committee will conduct the approval process and award the scholarships based on the guidelines specified in the scholarship application which are grade and income-based. The number of scholarships and dollar amounts is subject to change based on Trust funds availability each year.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5, a total family annual income under $75,000, must be a graduating senior, and plan to attend an accredited college or technical/trade school.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or technical/trade school for the full award amount ($2,500) and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Berkeley Electric Trust the invoice for tuition and fees, student ID number, and college information.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their guidance counselor along with their application attesting that they are qualified for this scholarship program.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications are generally accepted from January - March each year with the scholarships awarded in May.
The applications will be reviewed and recipients will be selected by a committee consisting of Berkeley Electric Trust Board members. For more information contact the program administrator.
Janessa Bell - Cross High School
Isaiah Mayrant - Timberland High School
Anthony Houston - Stratford High School
Kenneth Rivers - St. Johns High School
Emilie Jones - Oceanside Collegiate Academy
Caleb McNeil - Berkeley High School
Ajani El-Jacob - Pinewood Preparatory
Alyssa Boris - Wando High School
Paige Dombey - James Island Charter
Tyriq Hamilton - Summerville High School