Members helping members
Our Member 2 Member (M2M) church outreach program is designed to help our members who cannot do energy efficiency improvements for themselves by connecting them with the people who can.
- This program is focused on the elderly, disabled, and single mothers.
- Homes must belong to Berkeley Electric Cooperative members.
- The participating church must provide a list of elderly, disable, and/or single mother’s homes that the church group plans on updating for (verification purposes).
- Once the list is received and approved, supplies will be delivered to the church group at the time of their training session.
- The church group (and the homeowner) must be willing to allow a co-op employee to photograph work in progress for promotional purposes.
Once a list of participants has been received The Energy ExpertsTM from Berkeley Electric will provide the supplies and instruct volunteers on the proper ways to use them.
Energy efficiency improvements kits will include:
- 1 tube of caulk
- 1 roll of mastic tape
- 1 roll of weather stripping 5 CFL lightbulbs Thermometer
- Switch and outlet plate insulation
- "101 Energy Efficiency Tips" booklet
If you would like to participate in or learn more about this program please contact Yajaira Bess at (843) 761-8200 ext. 8480 or by email at email@example.com.